Oxalic delivery (trickle method)

Wildflower

24 minutes ago, Goran said:

Over here I am preparing for OA

IMG_20201209_200500_compress51.jpg

IMG_20201209_191742_compress22.jpg

Looks very cool, @Goran, over here not many use the oxalic dribble, as far as I know anyway, more the vaporisation of oxalic. Have you got snow where you are? We're having a cold spell here and had snow in the mountains all around us and it's supposed to be summer!!

17 minutes ago, southbee said:

Looks very cool, @Goran, over here not many use the oxalic dribble, as far as I know anyway, more the vaporisation of oxalic. Have you got snow where you are? We're having a cold spell here and had snow in the mountains all around us and it's supposed to be summer!!

It cost me from China around 20nzd if remembered right.. We had about 10 days before a little snow, afterward came rain and washed it. Day temps are below 10C these days, conditions are right for OA dribble. Vaporization is here rarely used. As I read some researches, vaporization is effective in a bit loose cluster, for tight clusters is dribble better. Tomorrow will be 4C, decent for me.

• Like 2

The crucial is to be broodless, next is to be tight cluster for some time to OA in social contact pass through cluster. In researches is found in favored conditions efficiency of 95-98% of varroa elimination. So this come as important thing in start of season that colonies start " clean".

About VSH.. I didn't do myself research of VSH traits, I only noticed some colonies which were extremely strong and yet little varroa fall off in accordance to other standard size ones. This hasn't to be due VSH, but was interesting to me. For VSH playing I need more time and will of course..

On 13/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, Goran said:

The crucial is to be broodless, next is to be tight cluster for some time to OA in social contact pass through cluster. In researches is found in favored conditions efficiency of 95-98% of varroa elimination. So this come as important thing in start of season that colonies start " clean".

About VSH.. I didn't do myself research of VSH traits, I only noticed some colonies which were extremely strong and yet little varroa fall off in accordance to other standard size ones. This hasn't to be due VSH, but was interesting to me. For VSH playing I need more time and will of course..

Nearly newbe yrying to understand the VSH