November

ChrisM

This year the TECT Park 

WWW.TECTPARK.CO.NZ

had an open day for its 10th anniversary. They had the 4 wheel drive club taking kids (young and old) for rides through a long course, ponies, face painting, Santa arrived in a chopper, there were buses running nonstop between the different areas of the park from paint ball to model planes and to clay shooting. All the park user groups were represented and of course that includes us. In the Fun zone with bouncy castles, music stage, we had a gazebo beside story time and face painting with a static display of beekeeping and honey tasting. At the Apiary site that was #6 on the bus shuttle the majority of members were there suited up with beehives galore. Judy organised all this and here are some of her photos plus one of Owen's. Actually not Owen's because it would take total photo sizes over 2MB. I'll make another post. Anyway, I don't know if they counted the number of people who attended, but the number of people that can dissolve into that place is huge, I'd say it was several thousand. The netted a gazebo idea is a very good, and one I think I am going to copy from time to time.

tect tecnt.jpg

tect hive.jpg

tect db 2.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, ChrisM said:

I'll make another post. 

This is a photo of the fun zone area taken fairly early before the hoardes arrived. BoP group is in blue gazebo in the back left corner of the photo second one along. I don't think it would have generated a great deal of new members, it was good to galvanise the group with a purpose and it was good to put something back into TECT park who have been fabulous considering their support and free use of land, building and facilities we've had. Not sure I would have been keen to be shot at in the paintball area, but I'd certainly have been keen to take a ride in some off the 4WD club rigs that were going around.

tect fz.jpg