Buying single or double brood hives

Sam Bees 21

Is this for bees or for hiveware? 

For hiveware, you could consider farmlands and google suggests 10 South End Avenue, Raumanga, Whangarei 0110

For a supplier of bees, you should not need to go outside of Whangarei whatsoever. Maybe attend a couple of meetings of the local bee club to get a feel for it? Unfortunately I don't think there is a Whangarei bee club on the forum, but I know there is one in Whangarei..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam Bees 21 said:

Hi there,

can someone please point me in the right direction of where to find a credible bee supplier in the Whangarei area as I cannot currently travel further south to buy hives.

thanks Sam

whats happened to your hives?

if you still have hives, making new ones is easy. far cheaper and less risky than buying in hives.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Sam Bees 21 said:

Hey guys thanks for the response, I have several hives already and I will split after the honey flow. Just looking to get 2-4 hives so they can take on honey straight away once the flow starts in the next 2 weeks. I’ll ask the Whangarei bee club cheers.

depending on where you are and when the flow is, theres a good chance you can split into two strong nucs that will pull honey in. its all location depending.

otherwise just be carefull on what you buy and inspect before you hand over the money.

a local around here bought 20 and ended up burning the lot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2