Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks, not a huge number of results, I got 9,including your message right there and about three other threads and managed to get a basic grasp.

Could be worth a try, but it's going to be hard setting it up so bees are forced to move through the hive box. The entrance crevice is quite long and narrow. 

13 hours ago, WilderChris said:

Thanks, not a huge number of results, I got 9,including your message right there and about three other threads and managed to get a basic grasp.

Could be worth a try, but it's going to be hard setting it up so bees are forced to move through the hive box. The entrance crevice is quite long and narrow. 

So the responsible thing then is a couple of squirts, the first one petrol, the second one expanding foam.

13 hours ago, WilderChris said:

I’ve tried in a double trunk gum tree , and it never worked. 

With some mucking around I got the bees to entry and exit through a box, but they never used the frames in the box. They never viewed it as more than an entrance hall.