• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Try this.

Thanks Trev. I am about to give making creamed honey a go myself, so I found your tutorial very interesting and informative.

Just wondering if a paint stirrer that fits on to a drill would be suitable for blending - can you please advise?

2 hours ago, BeeGirl said:

Thanks Trev. I am about to give making creamed honey a go myself, so I found your tutorial very interesting and informative.

Just wondering if a paint stirrer that fits on to a drill would be suitable for blending - can you please advise?

I used a paint stirrer on a drill .

I used this in a 1/4 fill 20 litre bucket .

The honey in the bucket had crystalised and I had sat it on a heat pad in the sun for ages .

The starter I used was some of my honey that was completely liquid and creamed with some very fine grained   smooth mild honey I was given.

This was a smaller amount and I used a stick blender to mix it until my husband said there was smoke coming out of it and I had better stop.

This small bowl of creamed honey Sat in the fridge for 2 weeks .

It creamed to a very fine grain like the starter.

The current batch from the bucket is still in the fridge in ice cream containers.

I never got the honey in the bucket to completely uncrystalise even though it was totally liquid .

It is not as fine grained as my first small batch.

6 hours ago, BeeGirl said:

What you use for home does not matter.

Small batches can be done with a wooden spatula or similar.

If you are selling, bartering or just giving the honey away, then I suggest that you need to have a Stainless Steel beater.

However, saying all that. I think a brand new paint stirrer will be fine and not cause any problems.

Edited by Trevor Gillbanks